12 Days of Eurotrash – One of my favourite chefs, Jamie Oliver, aired his Christmas Special last week. Yes, I watch these sorts of programs. I’d like to blame my sister who never forgets to shoot me a text message telling me what time and on what channel things such as The Santa Clause and Jamie Oliver’s Xmas Special are playing. This time around I was pleasantly surprised to find Jamie taking back shooters, alone, in one of his 5 kitchen sets shortly after I tuned in. Bring it, you mockney jester!
In the spirit of Christmas I want to share with you Jamie Oliver’s recipe for Pomegranate Tequila Shot.
tequila (patron silver is a great choice)
1 or 2 pomegranates
1. chill your shot glasses in a freezer until frosted.
2. take your shot glasses and line them up on a flat baking sheet
3. cut the pomegranate in half. place one hand, fingers spread, over the open face of the fruit – hold that facing down over the shot glasses. With a spoon, whack the top of the fruit. The seeds should gently just fall out and into your glasses. If you spill over onto the baking sheet, Jamie says that’s ok. It adds dramatic flair.
4. pour tequila into the glasses.
5. suck it back. tip: don’t swallow the seeds until you’ve chewed them. The flavour burst is incredible.
CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY: ASHLEY ROWE, MAFIA JEWELLERY, UKAMAKU, SHOPPALU and THE LITTLE COWL CO!
While you’re preparing the shooters, don’t forget to enter to win $400 worth of Canadian designer pieces and prizes. Enter the 12 Days of Eurotrash Christmas giveaway by leaving a comment at the bottom of this post with YOUR NAME, YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, and WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD NAME MY EUROTRASH GIRL (the lady at the top of the page with the santa hat)
Eurotrash girl: Monica (after my favourite actress, Monica Vitti).
Good luck to everyone! The winner will be drawn and announced on Friday, December 23rd, 2011.